Exposure Control Measures
- Implement a company-wide, psychical-distancing policy for all employees requiring a minimum distance of 2 meters between individuals.
- Avoid standard greetings that require physical contact such as shaking hands.
- Increase regularly scheduled cleaning with a disinfecting agent such as antimicrobial disposable wipes or a bleach solution, particularly inside each power unit and shared spaces.
- Require that all drivers, as part of their post-trip inspection, wipe down all high-touch objects with a disinfecting agent. This includes the steering wheel, dashboard, radio/telematics devices, door handles, gear shift, etc.
- Provide drivers with a suitable power unit and sufficient supplies (e.g., food, water, disinfectant wipes, hand-sanitizer, etc.) to enable self-isolation during a trip.
- Require drivers to thoroughly wash their hands or use an alcohol-based hand-sanitizer immediately after fuelling or visiting a public establishment.
- Require that all drivers avoid any unnecessary public establishments or mass gatherings.
- Require drivers to self-declare to dispatch and to their health care practitioner, if they have come in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 and self-isolate for 14 days.
- Require drivers, if they exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 their health practitioner, and self-isolate for up to 14 days pending test results and follow the instructions of their health care practitioner.