Safety & Health Leadership- Zoom Course
Duration: 8 hours (Lunch Provided)
Anyone who is an owner, director, or manager in a trucking company has an immediate and direct effect and control over safety culture. This course provides leaders with the knowledge and ability to meet this responsibility according to the applicable provincial, federal legislation and industry best practices.
Excellent leaders drive effective worker participation and are critical components in the development and the maintenance of a safety program.
This training will provide leaders with knowledge, tools and relevant skills to effectively manage, maintain and measure safety programming in their organization. With new knowledge of leadership practices and an improvement in the safety program, the result is a reduction in injuries and illnesses and increase in productivity. Those who attend and successfully complete the course will be able to apply credit towards training requirements as per the certification process. Learners will take away an electronic copy of a Safety and Health Leadership Manual for easy reference and access to resources and tools as discussed during training.
- Importance of Safety in the Workplace
- Legal Requirements
- Due Diligence and Safety Culture
- Hazard Identification, Assessment and Control
- Incident Reporting
- Investigation Process
- Documentation and Record Retention
- Planning for Action towards Compliance and Safety Culture
To provide leaders
- Necessary education, training, skills and resources to effectively discharge their responsibilities as per legislative requirements;
- Tools to develop a safe work environment and a culture where safety and health is considered a critical component of their operation.
The current course calendar can be viewed HERE.
If you are interested in a course that is not currently scheduled, please contact RPM by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 204-632-6600.
Free for all companies working towards SAFE Work Certification with RPM.
Be sure to read and review our Registration and Cancellation Policy.