Safety & Health Leadership- Winkler
Anyone who is an owner, director, or manager in a trucking company has an immediate and direct effect and control over safety culture. This course provides leaders with the knowledge and ability to meet this responsibility according to the applicable provincial, federal legislation and industry best practices.
Excellent leaders drive effective worker participation and are critical components in the development and the maintenance of a safety program.
What are the benefits in attending this one-day training?
- This training will provide leaders with knowledge and tools relevant to leadership skills to effectively manage, maintain, and measure safety programming in their organization.
- Through new knowledge of leadership practices, improve safety programs resulting in reduced injuries and illnesses and increase in productivity.
- Those who attend and successfully complete the course will be able to apply credit towards training requirements as per certification process.
- Learners will take away an electronic copy of a Safety and Health Leadership Manual for easy reference and access to resources and tools as discussed during training.
- Importance of Safety in the Workplace
- Legal Requirements
- Due Diligence and Safety Culture
- Hazard Identification, Assessment and Control
- Documentation and Record Retention
- Planning for Action towards Compliance and Safety Culture
To provide leaders:
- The necessary education, training, skills and resources to effectively discharge their responsibilities as per legislative requirements.
- The tools to develop a safe work environment and a culture where safety and health is considered a critical component of their operation.
(NOTE: If you are not sure which jurisdiction (Federal or Provincial) applies to your organization, please call RPM before registering.)